Expected a boolean [true/false] for property [index] but got [not_analyzed]

Good afternoon

Just trying to understand what action i should be taking in response to this recurring message in /var/log/graylog/elasticsearch/graylog_deprecation.log

[2018-11-05T11:45:46,114][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.TypeParsers    ] Expected a boolean [true/false] for property [index] but got [not_analyzed]
[2018-11-05T11:45:50,987][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.TypeParsers    ] Expected a boolean [true/false] for property [index] but got [not_analyzed]
[2018-11-05T11:46:02,739][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.TypeParsers    ] Expected a boolean [true/false] for property [index] but got [not_analyzed]
[2018-11-05T11:46:02,740][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.TypeParsers    ] Expected a boolean [true/false] for property [index] but got [not_analyzed]
[2018-11-05T11:48:34,059][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.TypeParsers    ] Expected a boolean [true/false] for property [index] but got [not_analyzed]
[2018-11-05T11:48:34,487][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.TypeParsers    ] Expected a boolean [true/false] for property [index] but got [not_analyzed]
[2018-11-05T11:48:34,487][WARN ][o.e.d.i.m.TypeParsers    ] Expected a boolean [true/false] for property [index] but got [not_analyzed]

Wasn’t able to identify from previous similar posts what action to take.

From ES high GC overhead issue The indication was that there might be a field called ‘index’. Using the Get Field Mapping API I haven’t been able to identify a field called index for the active write index, or the index before that, first few fields of the output included below.

Also queried the Index Template API with
curl -X GET “xxxx:9200/_template/?pretty=true”
But there are only five fields specified there, full_message, streams, source, message and timestamp, which I think must be default because we have never put any other mappings.

Am seeing a recurring issue where one of my nodes builds up a large number of unprocessed messages in the journal and I’m keen to run down all elasticsearch issues in the logs to rule them out.

curl -X GET "xxxx:9200/graylog_3078/_mapping/_all?pretty=true"
{
  "graylog_3078" : {
    "mappings" : {
      "message" : {
        "dynamic_templates" : [
          {
            "internal_fields" : {
              "match" : "gl2_*",
              "mapping" : {
                "type" : "keyword"
              }
            }
          },
          {
            "store_generic" : {
              "match" : "*",
              "mapping" : {
                "index" : "not_analyzed"
              }
            }
          }
        ],
        "properties" : {
          "LoggerName" : {
          },
          "TraceToken" : {
          },
          "accountHolder" : {
          },

Hi @cdeng were you able to get to a solution for ES high GC overhead issue?

please do not try to fix that. The message is in the deprecation logfile and we are aware of that. With the upcoming versions of Graylog this will be fixed.

Good evening @jan

Thanks very much for the clear response! Gives me an idea of the purpose of graylog_deprecation.log too. I will direct myself to other recurring errors.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.