Events and alerts not firing

Hi there,
I’m totally new here, so please bear with me.
I’m using Graylog 3.1.2 running on CentOS 8
I created an event as follows, and it does not fire, although I see the messages in the stream, and when I create the event I also see the message in the preview.

Beneath the summary of the event:

Event Summary

Details

Title: Telenet modem disconnected
Description: Port down or line protocol down on switch1 in computer room 1 - Telenet modem
Priority: Normal

Filter & Aggregation

Type Filter
Search Query: source:“172.16.11.4:” AND message:“Interface GigabitEthernet1/0/26, changed state to down”
Streams: Cisco Switches

Search within: 2 minutes
Execute search every: 1 minutes

Fields

No Fields configured for Events based on this Definition.

Notifications

Settings

Grace Period is set to 5 seconds
Notifications will include 1 messages

E-mail notification

Email Notification

how much messages you ingest overall in the system? Does you ingest minimal 1 message per minute?

Sorry for the late reply, Jan, I was out of the country for a few days. For the moment there are only a few switches sending their log to the system. This is a very small amount of messages, definitely less than 1 message per minute. I’ll add more messages from our mail relays. Do I have to include these messages in the same stream?

I’ve added some linux servers to send there log to the graylog system. It seems to be working like a charm now. There are plenty of log messages coming in now, and the alerts are generated as expected. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.