Error: Preflight check failed with error: Journal directory </usr/share/graylog/data/journal> has not enought free space (1707 MB) available

Hi I’m new with graylog and trying to set-up on AWS EC2.

1. Describe your incident:
My problem is the following error have not been resolved :

• prepared docker-compose.yml file
  • execute “docker-compose up”
  • ERROR: Preflight check failed with error : Journal directory </usr/share/graylog/data/journal> has not enought free space (1707 MB) available. You need to provide additional 3412 MB to contain ‘message_journal_max_size = 5120 MB’

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information: Amazon Linux

• Package Version:

• mongodb 5.0
  • opensearch 2.4.0
  • graylog 5.0

ref: docker-compose/open-core/docker-compose.yml at main · Graylog2/docker-compose · GitHub

Please give any advices to resolve the error.

Welcome @joykim93 ,

First, then set the size up:

graylog:
 environment:
- GRAYLOG_MESSAGE_JOURNAL_MAX_SIZE=5gb

Thank you for kind reply @H077E.
I tried to execute graylog with setting GRAYLOG_MESSAGE_JOURNAL_MAX_SIZE=5gb in docker-compose.yml file, but same result.

It was successfully executed with setting GRAYLOG_JOURNAL_ENABLED=false in the yml file, however, it doesn’t seem to look good.

Looking forward to more information.

Stupid question, but I have to ask it. :wink: Is the host file system large enough and without restrictions for this containers?
Maybe you ran into a bug. → Issues · Graylog2/graylog2-server · GitHub

Thank you for the reply @H077E .
The host file system is inside of the container, therefore, it is difficult to identify its file size due to immediately shut down the container…

You mean that I can find similar issues in graylog github? ( Issues · Graylog2/graylog2-server · GitHub).

Hey @joykim93,
yes, that was my idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.