Drop event_id how to

I have graylog setup and passing data from my PC to my server using winlogbeats. I am getting all events sent to my server. My question is how to I filter out events I do not want? I do not want all events, I want to exclude events and I have not a clue how.

here is my server.conf

fields:
  collector_node_id: graylog-collector-sidecar
  gl2_source_collector: c8053970-6140-438c-babb-11525d7c594a
output:
  logstash:
    hosts:
    - 192.168.2.250:5044
path:
  data: C:\Program Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\cache\winlogbeat\data
  logs: C:\Program Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\logs
tags:
- windows
- iis
winlogbeat:
  event_logs:
  - name: Application
  - name: System
  - name: Security

processors:
 - drop_event:
	- when:
	- equals:
	- event_id:5152
	- event_id:5150
    - event_id:5156
    - event_id:64

You can use a drop_fields or drop_event processor to filter out individual message fields or complete event classes before they’re sent to Graylog:

On the Graylog side of things, you can filter messages inside your pipeline rules via drop_message() or remove individual message fields with remove_field():

Thank you but I am not sure where I need to add those lines in what file? Sorry for the noob question but this is my first attempt at configuring graylog.

The processors need to be added to the configuration file of Winlogbeat. You’ve posted the configuration of the Graylog Collector Sidecar (which in turns creates a configuration file for Winlogbeat on Windows).

See http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.4/pages/collector_sidecar.html for details about the Graylog Collector Sidecar, especially the part about configuration snippets.

How does the syntax work? If I add the below to a snippets, I get “Winlogbeat: Collector configuration file is not valid, waiting for the next update.”

I am adding it with name “drop” to the backend WinLogBeat

processors:
 - drop_event:
	when:
		winlogbeat_event_id
	equals:

Do I need to add to winlogbeat.yml, how is the syntax?

I am making some headway,

Err
Exiting: error unpacking config data: required 'object', but found 'string' in field 'processors.0.drop_event' (source:'C:\Program Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\generated\winlogbeat.yml')
winlogbeat2018/03/07 19:45:18.357663 beat.go:635: CRIT Exiting: error unpacking config data: required 'object', but found 'string' in field 'processors.0.drop_event' (source:'C:\Program Files\graylog\collector-sidecar\generated\winlogbeat.yml')

Added to winlogbeat.yml

processors:
    - drop_event:
        When:winlogbeat_task
        contains:"Filtering Platform Connection"

ok…I need some understanding please. If I do a pipeline rule like below I do not see win events in my search (expected as I am only looking at windows events right now).

rule "Figuring Stuff Out"
When
has_field(field:"winlogbeat_task")
then
drop_message();
end

If I set has_field(field:winlogbeat_task00) I get data, again expected because winlogbeat_task00 does not exist .

What I want is to drop all messages from winlogbeat_task:Filtering Platform Packet Drop

If I do I am still getting data

rule "Filtering Platform Packet Drop"
When
has_field(field:"winlogbeat_task, [message:Filtering Platform Packet Drop]")
then
drop_message();
end

has_field() only checks if a field exists, not what the content of that field is.

You might want to use contains() or check for equality (==).

This is what I came up with and appears to be working correctly

rule "Filtering Platform Packet Drop"
when 
    has_field("winlogbeat_task") && to_string($message.winlogbeat_task) == "Filtering Platform Packet Drop"
then
    drop_message();
end

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.