ALERT template - HTML

@gsmith posted an html based alert a while back so I spent some time modifying it. In the block below there are some if statements related to me changing over to standardized field names so I set the script up to handle/prefer old field names but still catch the new fieldnames if they were there.

<style>
  table {
    border-collapse: collapse;
  }

  table td,
  table th {
    border: 1px solid #000;
  }

  table tr:first-child th {
    border-top: 0;
  }

  table tr:last-child td {
    border-bottom: 0;
  }

  table tr td:first-child,
  table tr th:first-child {
    border-left: 0;
  }

  table tr td:last-child,
  table tr th:last-child {
    border-right: 0;
  }

</style>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" style="background-color:#f9f9f9;border:none;line-height:1">
   <tbody>
    <!-- Event Digest Title Bar  -->
        <th colspan="4" style="background-color:#e6e6e6;line-height:1.5">
			${foreach backlog message}
				${message.source} - Event Digest <br> 
				${if message.fields.event_code}
					[event_id: ${message.fields.event_code}]<br>
				${end}
			${end}
        </th>
      <!-- First section quick info/digest on alert  -->
    <tr>
		${foreach backlog message}
			<td>Event:</td>
			${if message.fields.cmg_subject}
				<td>${message.fields.cmg_subject}</td>
			${else} 
				${if message.fields.event_digest}
					<td>${message.fields.event_digest}</td>
				${else}
					<td>NO_DIGEST</td>
				${end}
			${end}
		${end}
    </tr>
   </tbody>
</table>
<br>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" style="background-color:#f9f9f9;border:none;line-height:1">
<tbody>
	<!-- Event Detail - Title Bar  -->
    <tr>
        <th colspan="3" style="background-color:#e6e6e6;line-height:1.5">Event Detail</th>
    </tr>
    <!-- Block for Event Detail messages -->
 			${foreach backlog message}
				<tr>
				${if message.fields.event_detail}
					<td>Event Detail:</td>
					<td><pre>${message.fields.event_detail}</pre></td>
				${else}
					${if message.fields.cmg_body}
						<td><pre>${message.fields.cmg_body}</pre></td>
					${else}
						<td><pre>${message.message}</pre></td>
					${end}
				${end}
				</tr>
			</tbody>
		</table>
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" style="background-color:#f9f9f9;border:none;line-height:1">
			<tbody>
				<tr>
					<th colspan="3" style="background-color:#e6e6e6;line-height:1.5"></th>
				</tr>
      <!-- Block for Cause/Action (including Dell Storage) Messages -->
				${if message.fields.event_cause}
					<tr>
						<td>CAUSE:</td> 
						<td><pre>${message.fields.event_cause}</pre></td>
					</tr>
				${end}
				${if message.fields.event_action}
					<tr>
						<td>ACTION:</td>
						<td><pre>${message.fields.event_action}</pre></td>
					</tr>
				${end}
			${end}
			</tbody>
</table>
<br>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" style="background-color:#f9f9f9;border:none;line-height:1">
   <tbody>
    <tr>
		<th colspan="4" style="background-color:#e6e6e6;line-height:1.5">Backlog (Last messages accounting for this alert)</th>
    </tr>
      <!-- Use this section to show fields you are interested in IF they exist -->

	${if backlog}
		${foreach backlog message}
			${if message.fields.winlog_event_data_TargetUserName}
				<tr>
					<td>Target-User:</td>
					<td>${message.fields.winlog_event_data_TargetUserName}</td>
				</tr>
			${end}
			${if message.fields.winlog_event_data_SubjectUserName}
				<tr>
					<td>Subject-User:</td>
					<td>${message.fields.winlog_event_data_SubjectUserName}</td>
				</tr>
			${end}
			${if message.fields.winlog_event_data_MemberName}
				<tr>
					<td>Member-Name:</td>
					<td>${message.fields.winlog_event_data_MemberName}</td>
				</tr>
			${end}
			${if message.fields.WorkstationName}
				<tr>
					<td>WorkStation Name:</td>
					<td>${message.fields.WorkstationName}</td>
				</tr>
			${end}
			 ${if message.fields.EventReceivedTime}
				<tr>
					<td>Event Time:</td>
					<td>${message.fields.event_received_time}</td>
				</tr>
			${end}
			${if message.fields.internal_ip}
				<tr>
					<td>Internal IP:</td>
					<td>${message.fields.internal_ip}</td>
				</tr>
			${end}
			${if message.fields.LogonType}
				<tr>
					<td>Logon Type:</td>
					<td>${message.fields.LogonType}</td>
				</tr>
			${end}
		${end}
	${end}
   </tbody>
</table>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" align="left" style="background-color:#f9f9f9;border:none;line-height:1.5">
   <tbody>
       <!-- give a link to the actual message  -->
		<th  colspan="2" style="background-color:#e6e6e6;line-height:1.5">
			${foreach backlog message}
				http://graylog:9000/messages/${message.index}/${message.id}
				</th>
				<tr>
					<td><b><u>Field</b></u></td>
					<td><b><u>Data</b></u></td>
				</tr>
				${foreach message.fields this_field}
					<tr>
						<td>${this_field.key}</td>
						<td>${this_field.value}</td>
					</tr>
				${end}
			${end}
   </tbody>
</table>
2 Likes

:+1:
Wow @tmacgbay looks great, here are some clips for email received.

I just copied and paste that right in, But the over all layout look awesome.

1 Like

Threw in some slightly updated code by modifying my first post… not he best way to maintain… maybe I could create a project in github… :crazy_face: