4.0.2 Searches don't work. 4.0.1 does

Error…

While retrieving data for this widget, the following error(s) occurred:

Search type returned error: failed to parse date field [2021-02-11 16:49:14.192] with format [8yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS].

4.0.1 does work but once I run 4.0.2 I have to delete the data to get 4.0.1 to work.

Any insight would be appreciated.

with a little grain of more information someone might have the ability to check - but with the given information, it looks like a local problem. Because I do not see that on my 4.0.2

Sorry. This a production system so I just put it back on 4.0.1 to keep it working. I just briefly went back to 4.0.2 to reproduce, which it did instantly. I wiped all the data first and immediate get this in the log repeatedly.

2021-02-23 14:20:19,368 WARN : org.graylog.storage.elasticsearch6.MessagesAdapterES6 - Failed to index message: index=<graylog_0> id= error=<{“type”:“mapper_parsing_exception”,“reason”:“failed to parse field [timestamp] of type [date]”,“caused_by”:{“type”:“illegal_argument_exception”,“reason”:"Invalid format: “2021-02-23 19:18:28.726"”}}>

did you see this without having any kind of inputs @tbmay is this error just given when you start Graylog?

Or did you spine up a Graylog input and ingest data to that? Maybe do some additional processing with that data?

Upgrading elasticsearch from 6.X to 7.X seems to have fixed it. Thanks.