WebGUI is not working over network but works on localhost

I’m new to graylog and have had a number of problems getting it working in a fresh install on Debian 8.8 but have finally hit a roadblock that I can’t figure out how to resolve. I’ll probably be submitting some issues on Git about these.

The services for ElasticSearch, Mongo, and Graylog-Server are all running. I’m able to curl to the WebGUI from the localhost but I can’t hit it from my local network. I’ve confirmed that there aren’t any firewall rules would restrict it.

root@greylog:/etc/default# netstat -na |grep :9000
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:9000 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

output from iptables -L -n
destination
ACCEPT all – 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
ACCEPT tcp – 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:9000
DROP tcp – 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:25

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

When I update rest_listen_uri and web_listen_uri to use my internal ip address rather than 127.0.0.1, I get an error in the browser. slow progress.

when you follow the step-by-step guide ( http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.4/pages/installation/os/debian.html#graylog ) for the installation you know that rest_listen_uri and web_listen_uri need to be set not to localhost (which is the default).

for everything else we would need to know what error you get and a little more details.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.