Sending the email to the server failed

Thanks @shoothub! I will try. I have already used three different public mail servers. Deployed another Graylog on the VM. Nothing helps. The error is the same:

javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful 

I’m desperate. Could it be some nonsense problem? I have already tried all the different mail settings.

Is that auth unsuccessful against your exchange server or gmail? In any case it seems like a username/password issue. If It’s gmail did you set up an application specific password?

Yes, I have the same error on different mail servers - both on Exchange and on Gmail. I checked logins and passwords on email clients and through the web interface. And through a python script that runs on the Graylog server.

One thing to test - create a dedicated receive connector on your exchange server - receive connectors are suppose to use the narrowest scope possible - you can then trace logs on that connector specifically which may give you more detail on where the actual error is. So strange the python script on your graylog server is able to send e-mail but Graylog is not!

@tmacgbay thanks for the answer. The Exchange server is located in another country and we do not administer it. I configured local Postfix yesterday, the test was successful :grinning:. It remains to set up mail forwarding, while there is no time for this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.