Sending logs to Graylog from Syslog-NG

(Rodney) #1

I am sending a test message from my syslog server to graylog load-balancer and I can connect server using netcat and port 12201, but when I send an echo test message 205 bytes sent 0 bytes received. Nothing shows up in graylog. I checked the my logs and I am seeing this error message Connection failed; fd=‘14’, server=‘AF_INET(18.213.45.65:12201)’, local=‘AF_INET(0.0.0.0:0)’, error='Permission denied (13)

(Jan Doberstein) #2

He @rbizzell40

if you would have shared what input you have configured and how have you send the “test” messages you might got an answer that fits to your situation - without all of that, please search the forum for possible issues, read this documentation: https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog-guide-syslog-linux

(Rodney) #3

ok sure I can do that but is okay if you address people in a professional way? I understand people that have more knowledge about something sometimes come off as being rude and I see you are the expert on graylog but do you have to speak to people that way. Thanks for your help

(system) closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.